Dr. Sam A. Labib- Head Team Physician
- Head Team Physician, Oglethorpe University Athletics
- Consulting Team Physician, Georgia Tech Athletics
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Crawford Long Hospital and Atlanta VAMC
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Emory University
- Completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at McGill University (Montreal, Canada) in 1991
- Completed a Sports Medicine Surgery Fellowship at University of Western Ontario (London, Canada) in 1992
- Completed a Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship at the American Sports Medicine Institute (Birmingham, Ala.) in 1998
- Board Certified By the American and Canadian Orthopedic Boards
- Orthopedic surgery practice since 1991
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine - since 1999
- Nominated by his peers - Top Sports Medicine Doctors in Atlanta, Atlanta Magazine, August 2001
Dr. Amadeus Mason - Head Team Physician
Dr. Mason is an assistant professor in the Orthopaedics and Family Medicine departments at Emory University. He is board certified in Sports Medicine with a special interest in track & field and running injuries. He has been trained in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound, PRP injection.
Dr. Mason attended Princeton University and was Captain of the track team. He received his medical degree from the Howard University and completed his Family Practice Residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Dr. Mason is the Team Physician for Georgia Tech Track and Field and Tucker High School he is a Team Physician for USA Track and Field, the National Scholastic Sports Foundation and Oglethorpe University.
Brian Baer - Head Athletic Trainer
Brian graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2008 with a B.S. in Athletic Training. He then worked at Young Harris College, in Young Harris, Ga., as an assitant/intern Athletic Trainer while serving as Head Athletic Trainer to Towns County High School in Hiawassee, Ga. in 2009. Most recently, Brian graduated from the University of Central Florida in May of 2011 and received his M.A. in Sport Fitness. There he worked with the men's soccer, men's tennis and rowing. Brian is nationally certified through the NATA BOC and licensed by the state of Georgia as an Athletic Trainer. He and his wife now live in Atlanta, Ga.
Raven Giordano - Assistant Athletic Trainer
Raven graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC) with a B.S. in athletic training in 2010. While attending UNCC, Raven worked with a variety of sports teams at many levels of competition. She has worked with D-I basketball at Davidson College, D-I baseball at UNCC, D-II football at Johnson C. Smith University, high school football at Hickory Ridge High School, all middle school and high school sports at Providence Day School, and with physical therapy at Carolinas Rehabilitation. In May of 2012, Raven graduated from Georgia State University with an M.S. in sports medicine. Her two-year graduate assistantship was spent working with all sports at Oglethorpe University. Raven also currently works at Multi Sport Orthotics, where she assists a certified orthotist in making custom molded orthotics for athletes. Raven is nationally certified through the NATA BOC and licensed by the state of Georgia as a certified athletic trainer. She now lives in Tucker, Ga., with her husband.
Sierra Lukas - Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Sierra Lukas joins the Oglethorpe athletic training staff for the 2014-15 season. Sierra graduated from Valdosta State University with a B.S. in athletic training. During her time there, she gained experience working with Lowndes County High School, the Valdosta State football team (including the 2012 NCAA Division II national championship squad), the Valdosta State's men's basketball team, and Thomasville High School. She is now pursuing an M.S. in sports medicine from Georgia State University. Sierra is a certified and licensed athletic trainer.