Student-athletes come together throughout the NCAA to make their voices heard on their campuses, in their conferences and nationally in all three divisions. Through Student-Athlete Advisory Committees at each of those levels, student-athletes offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect their lives on campus. At the campus level, SAACs promote communication between athletics administrators and student-athletes and represent the student-athlete voice within the athletics departments.
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is comprised of at least two student-athletes from each athletic team that will represent and voice the opinions of all Oglethorpe student-athletes. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect the lives of student-athletes on the Oglethorpe campus. A president, vice president and secretary/treasurer will be elected by the committee members and will serve two-year terms.
The SAAC serves several primary purposes:
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure
- Solicit student-athlete response to proposed NCAA legislation
- Recommend potential NCAA legislation
- Review, react and comment to the governance structure on legislation, activities and subjects of interest
- Actively participate in the administrative process of athletics programs and the NCAA
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
- Support the campus and conference community through community outreach efforts, with a primary focus on the NCAA Division III SAAC and Special Olympic Partnership
Oglethorpe SAAC Mission Statement
The mission of SAAC Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting leadership opportunities, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
2019-20 Oglethorpe SAAC Executive Board
Jalisa Kassam, President
Tyler Rover, Vice President
Cindy Vaios, Assistant Director of Athletics for Operations/Senior Woman Administrator